Amnet and GDPR
At Amnet, we value your privacy and, as your trusted partner, spend a great deal of time thinking how new laws governing privacy will impact our customers and partners. Amnet is on track to become fully compliant with the regulations set forth by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Europe’s new framework for data protection, which replaces the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (DPD). Amnet will ensure that it will satisfy personal data privacy guidelines while collecting contact information and account data across the EU.
Amnet’s commitmentAt Amnet, we have always honoured our users’ right to data privacy and protection. Over the years, we have demonstrated our commitment to data privacy and protection by meeting the industry standards for ISO 27001. We already have strong data processing agreements, and we are revising them to meet the requirements of the GDPR. We recognize that the GDPR will help us move towards the highest standards in customer data protection.
How is Amnet preparing for GDPR?With more than fifty applications used by more than one thousand users, Amnet is gearing up to be GDPR compliant across all its applications. As a data processor, Amnet understands its obligation to help customers get ready for the big day. We have thoroughly analysed GDPR requirements and have put in place a dedicated internal team to drive the initiative. Some of them are as follows:
- Identifying personal data: Each of our different applications undertake a different level of personal data collection, usage, storage and disposal. Defining the purview of personal data for each of these applications and documenting the various sources of data will go a long way in providing a road map for compliance in the days leading up to implementation.
- Providing visibility and transparency: The most important aspect of GDPR is how the data that is collected is used. Amnet is exploring ways to make optimal product enhancements without compromising on performance so that we can provide better transparency to our customers.
- Enhancing data integrity and security: Data privacy and data security are two sides of the same coin. As our customers tighten their data security measures, Amnet would like to extend a helping hand. We’re streamlining the processes for our applications by implementing IT policies and procedures that provide end-to-end security.
- Portability and transferability of data: GDPR gives end users the right to either receive all the data provided and processed by the controller or transfer it to another controller depending on technical feasibility. With this new right in mind, Amnet is working on further enhancing its data exporting capabilities to enable export even at the individual level.
What does this mean for our customers?We understand that meeting the GDPR requirements will take time and effort. As your partner, we want to ensure that the data provided is handled appropriately, so you don’t have to worry about compliance and can focus more on running your business. Some of our enhancements include:
- Provide access controls
- Encrypt, anonymise or delete user data
- Perform data audits or assessments using data processing logs
- Create provisions for data subjects rights
- Enhance security for user data